Knowing which badminton court dimensions are important is a player, not so much during the game itself but especially when you are a beginner or if you are an intermediate player because you know better how much you have to move around the court.
Badminton Court Dimensions in Meters
- Court length: 13.4 meters;
- Court width: 6.1 meters for doubles and 5.2 meters for singles;
- Lines: 40mm width;
- Service line from the net: 1.98 meters;
These are the most basic dimensions of a badminton court but there are still others, such as those related to the net.
- Net width: 6.1 meters;
- Net height: 76 centimeters;
- Net posts height: 1.55 meters;
Espaçamento entre Quadras
The space that exists between the courts and walls is also regulated by the BWF, being:
- Sideline to sideline and sideline to wall space: 1.5 to 2 meters;
- Backline to wall space: 2 meters.
- Ceiling height should be at least 9 meters;
These distances may not be the same everywhere and may vary especially in small tournaments or club pavilions, and many of these have not been created intentionally to accommodate several courts in them.
And so, did you know more about what are all the badminton court dimensions, including net, space between courts, etc…?
Please leave a comment below or comment on any comments you may have after reading the article.